A little bit late, I suppose...

 ...but a (late) Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

 YouTube, as we all know, is not a place famous for intelligent comment and conversation. But some posts just take the metaphorical cake...
 ...I am a proud atheist and former Dawkinstard (I've gotten better now though), but I enjoy singing hymns and carols because I consider them beautiful music. I know quite a lot of other people who do the same. So imagine how pissed off I get when on Christmas Day, some retard uses a carol as an excuse to tell us how much better Christian mythology is than other Abrahamic ones and how atheism is "nonsense".
 I'm not going to bother picking this statement apart in detail, because a full rebuttal could take up a series of volumes. What I am going to say is this: Christmas, as everyone who isn't selling us stuff is constantly trying to tell us, is supposed to be about peace and goodwill to all, not about one-upping everyone who isn't a Christian. This becomes even more egregious when a Christmas carol - you know, the songs that people like singing come this time of year regardless of their religious beliefs - is the pretext for said one-upping.
 Please, please, no matter how much of a douchebag you are the other 364 days of the year, at least make an effort to be a nice person on 25 December...if an atheist is telling you to do this, you know you've gone seriously wrong somewhere...(as for February 29, go wild! :P)
 Enough of my gloomy depressed ranting - go enjoy yourself now and have a good New Year. Have a free internet cookie too.

Comments