#ISFTopicSunday

This is going to be quite a quick and unpolished post, I think, because I'm trying to do a lot of things at the same time.

First off, for those who don't know, ISF refers to the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, which aims to positively impact the planet and the creatures on it. Second off, there are quite a lot of ISF people on Twitter...and when I say quite a lot I mean there are over a thousand, if not more (educated guessing for the most part). Third off, @BastetAsshurISF has come up with #ISFTopicSunday, where on the first Sunday of each month, starting at 12pm GMT, we get together to discuss a topic - this month's subject is how to target animal rights issues to be central in political policy, and this is the first Topic Sunday.

Sadly there aren't that many people - far less than I expected - and surely more should have been able to make it. I personally think it needs more publicity, and...well...this post is about trying to get that publicity, and about my good experiences.

Just from that one meeting, I've met other people with passion and ideas - people who I would have never met without #ISFTopicSunday. We are coming up with some quite good ideas, but it could be made so much better if others joined too. If the idea of trying to make the world one discussion at a time appeals to you, come on along - it's also a really interesting place to be.

Comments