United Nations News Centre - Israel subjecting Palestinian prisoners to 'abusive' detention, interrogation – UN committee

United Nations News Centre - Israel subjecting Palestinian prisoners to 'abusive' detention, interrogation – UN committee

Business as usual, really.

I'm originally from Israel, as are my family. Speaking honestly for once, it makes me want to scream at the bastards in charge to stop needlessly abusing people, to actually treat them as their equals for once and to respect their basic human rights instead of trampling all over them for the sake of years of hate, but I live so stupidly far away (a 5-hour plane trip) and besides, I have a shitty choice in allies. Because of my nationality, I can choose between associating myself with people who adore Israel (so won't try and kill me) but who are generally pretty racist and conservative, or with people who generally share my views on everything else but also believe that I am worthless and have no right to exist because I was born on one side of an arbitrary border.

Comments