Happy 1-year anniversary!

I've been keeping this blog for a year now. Time to do some reflection, methinks...

...Originally I started this blog to keep track of all my random thoughts. Well, that didn't really work out - look how many times I've gone on hiatus. The name didn't fit either - most posts here aren't about freedom, they're about the random shit going on in my life.

One of the things I noticed is how stupid I was when I was younger, and how stupid I was even a few months ago. Based on current trends I'm just going to keep being stupid, I guess. It makes me cringe how cruel and idiotic I can be - and yet amongst all that there are still a couple of half-decent articles.

So where am I a year on? I've started up a new blog all for my Latin-related stuff; I've probably become a worse writer (though that's partly compensated for by me being slightly better at maths than I was last year), and I've hopefully become a deeper, smarter and more secure person than I was beforehand. Not that that's saying much.

Anyway, here's a round-up of the 12 articles that might actually have been half-decent...out of over 100. Yeah, I'm not very good at this blogging thing.

November: Poast on toast - the first ever post I made
December: Me ranting about how much I hate psychometric tests - I still don't think they work
January: Defending Justin Bieber - not because I like him, but because making bad music does not merit death threats
February: On rapefic - I used to read fanfic to kill brain cells and time
April: One of the best articles I've ever written (not that that's saying much)
July: Trying to be good (and failing) - I wrote this while on an epically idealistic high, and it's one of the few things I wrote that actually made sense some of the time
August: This was a good month for me...and this post pretty much sums me up
September: Anti-Intellectualism - I think this was one of my best posts, still not saying much though
October: Fuck the Kyriarchy - with a shovel!

Hopefully this year will be a little better for well-thought-out posts. I hope it's not too much to ask...

Comments